Yolanda "Yoli" Apalategui
Mabi Jalit Castro
Inez González Perezchica
MANA Board Development Committee
MANA of San Diego is seeking qualified candidates to serve on the MANA Board of Directors 2023-2025. Board members are responsible for upholding and promoting MANA’s mission to empower Latinas through education, leadership development, community service and advocacy.
This opportunity is open to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Current MANA de San Diego member
- Contributions towards advancing Latinas
- Demonstrated positive leadership
- Ability to commit time and energy to MANA de San Diego
- Community members in good standing that will foster a working environment of transparency, inclusivity, clarity, accountability, respect, and trust
- Skill and expertise* in one or more of the following areas: CPA, investment, board governance, media/marketing, health etc.
*Required skill set and expertise varies over time based on the needs of the organization
All board members at-large are expected to:
- Be a MANA de San Diego regular member in good standing (new members are also eligible);
- Provide a personal financial contribution of at least $150 per year;
- Sponsor or seek a donation of $1,000 for MANA de San Diego’s programs or events
- Attend monthly board meetings (currently scheduled for the third Monday of each month), Annual Board Retreat, Annual Membership Meeting, Hermanitas End-of-Year Celebration, Scholarship Ceremony, and major fundraising events (i.e., Brindis, Latina Success Conference, Legacy Luncheon); and
- Serve on a committee (or Chair one committee).
- Review bylaws and code of conduct
- Complete and submit application no later than August 31, 2022
- Submit a professional resume including a section listing your membership to other organizations and boards/commissions (upload below)
- A 3-minute video on the following – In your opinion share the top 2 issues/challenges facing Latinas and how would you address them?(Upload below or send to manasd.org)
Application Process Timeline
- August 8 thru 31 – Application window open
- September 1 thru 9 – Board Development Committee will finalize applicant review. Applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.
- September 12 thru 23 – Applicant Interviews take place
- October 3 – Board Development Committee presents the board slate to the Board of Directors for final approval
- October 7 – Final board slate will be sent out to the membership along with notice of the Annual Membership Meeting
- November 9 – Annual Membership Meeting will be held including board elections
Please review our Board Member Code of Ethics and Bylaws before applying
Help us help Latinas achieve success
Together, through our mentorship programs, scholarships and leadership events, we can make a positive difference in the Latino community.