MANA de San Diego is dedicated to creating a program that uplifts all of our youth, in their educational endeavors and beyond. The goal of MANA de San Diego’s Hermantias Youth Mentoring Program is to connect Latinx youth in our community to a trusted mentor, to guide and nurture their natural talent and brilliance. The resources listed below can offer additional support to our youth members.
As always, if you or someone you know is facing a problem you cannot fix on your own, please reach out to a trusted adult like a school counselor, mentor, MANA staff member, doctor, or parent. Even if they don’t have all the answers, talk to someone who can help you connect to the support you need!
If you cannot find the resource you are looking for here, please try 211 San Diego for additional guidance!
- MANA de San Diego Scholarship
- (Deadline March 1st)
- TheDream.US Scholarship – Scholarship for Dreamers
- Chicano Federation – Julie Perez Scholarship
- (Deadline- March 31st.)
- San Diego Foundation Common Scholarships.
- (Deadline- TBD)
- Hispanic Federation Scholarship Fund
- (Deadline – Feb. 15th)
- Requirements: Must be of Hispanic heritage with a minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship – The NOAA Office of Education 2022
- (Deadline – January 31)
- Silicon Valley CF Scholarships
- (Deadlines range from January 24 – August 16)
- ESA Scholarships
- (Deadline Feb. 1st)
- McDonald’s HACER National Scholarship
- (Deadline Feb. 7th)
- Community Journalism Scholars Program – San Diego Union Tribune (Applications are due on or before May 12)
- Summer 2022 Summer Ambassadors Program– The San Diego Symphony
- Urban Corps San Diego: a bridge to a better life for young adults ages 18-26.
- Scripps Science Internships: High School Student Research Education Program
- UCSD Summer Research Internship: Research experience and mentoring for high school students
- San Diego Zoo InternQuest: Explore a specialized career in wildlife management!
- Biomedical Internship (SURE Program): at Scintillon Institute
- Remote learning tips: staying on task while staying home.
- Students for Economic Justice Fellowship: Paid summer full-time social justice internship for undergraduate students.
California Community Colleges!
Interested in a 4-year degree? There are more than 40 Associate Degree for Transfer majors offered in a wide variety of fields of study throughout the California Community Colleges system. These majors lead to thousands of transfer pathways at the participating four-year universities. Want to learn more? Check out the Associate Degree for Transfer fact sheet!
Need financial aid? The “I Can Afford College” campaign is a statewide, financial aid awareness initiative sponsored by the California Community Colleges. Learn how to apply for FAFSA, what grants are eligible for California Community College students, and what resources are available to undocumented students. Visit ICanAffordCollege.com to learn more.
Mental Health Resources
- Mental crisis hotline: 800-273-8255
- Available 24/7 in English and Spanish.
- Not ready to call? Click here for the lifeline-chat and be connected to a counselor.
- Tips to deal with anxiety: From chronic anxiety to pre-exam jitters, we all need a way to cope with feeling anxious.
- How to manage symptoms of depression: Always speak to a trusted adult if you are feeling depressed.
- Disordered eating and body image resources.
- Healthy romantic relationships and dating
- Resources for healthy relationships: how to spot red flags, and intervene if you’re worried for a friend.
- Social media and mental health resources.
- Resource for sleep and your wellbeing
- Healthy habitats for exercise and fitness.
- “Roo”: A chatbot from planned parenthood who answer any questions about reproductive health!
- Inclusive education on relationships and reproductive health: including LGBTQ+ resources
- Substance abuse: